This Happiness Ten has been entirely delayed due to my little digital detox, so apologies for that.
*glosses over the fact that this is a July post and it’s nearly September…*
I’m also cheating with this one.
This list, ’23 Life Changing Things You Can Read Right Now’ was sent to me after spending many hours chatting through the funky fog I was experiencing yet couldn’t quite understand. It is a bumper page of Jen-aligned thinking, albeit on the cheesier side of the line. But in general, this stuff is my bag, you know? Less cheese for cheese’s sake, but thought-provoking inspiration from strong, humble, successful people who just got on, worked hard and made it happen. And most importantly, stayed kind along the way.
I’ve picked some of my favourite people from life who have made me stop and think, along with a couple of other gems that have had me either howling or bawling (you decide) and some nice cheesy quotes for good measure, to make an actual Happiness Ten. Just a few pearls of wisdom that may help you if you’re feeling a bit foggy too.
1. Stephen Fry – What I Wish I’d Known When I Was 18
2. George Saunders – The Importance of Kindness
3. Maya Angelou
4. Amy Schumer (QUEEN) – Glamour Awards 2015
5. Steve Jobs
6. Shonda Rhimes – Ditch The Dream and be a Doer
7. Emma Watson – HeForShe UN Campaign Speech
8. Tavi Gevinson – A Teen Just Trying To Figure It Out
9. J.K. Rowling – Harvard Commencement Speech
10. Roald Dahl